Our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a return or refund.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
Several types of goods are exempt from being returned e.g. consumables such as printer cartridges and software that has been opened or used.
To complete your return, we require a proof of purchase.
Please notify us immediately of your intention to return the goods by sending an email to Help@TheDigitalFactory.co.za together with your proof of purchase.
We will provide you with authorization and depending on the warranty type:
either direct you to the nearest carry-in centre at Midrand, Durban, Cape Town, Bloemfontein, Port Elizabeth or Nelspruit (product specific).
or arrange for shipping (including insurance) to uplift the goods from you. Shipping costs will be for your account.
Refunds (if applicable)
Returned goods will be sent back to our suppliers to be examined for defect or damage.
What is a defect? A defect is a material imperfection in the manufacture of a product or any characteristic of a product, which makes the product less acceptable than one would reasonably be entitled to expect in the circumstances.
The following will NOT be regarded as defects and will not entitle you to a request a refund:
- faults resulting from normal wear and tear;
- damage arising from negligence, user abuse or incorrect usage of the product;
- damage arising from electrical surges or sea air corrosion;
- damage arising from a failure to adequately care for the product;
- damage arising from unauthorized alterations to the product;
- where the specifications of a product, although accurately described on the Website and generally fit for its intended purpose, do not suit you
- Should the returned goods be defective, it will be replaced or repaired as per the terms of that respective manufacturer’s warranty.
- Should the returned goods be damaged or not covered by a manufacturer's warranty, our supplier will quote the cost of repairs which will be for your account.
- Should the returned goods not be defective nor damaged but you wish to return it for any other reason, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging. A 20% restocking fee, will be charged with shipping (including insurance) for your account. Should goods be returned in opened packaging, we reserve the right to levy an additional fee.
We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, less shipping costs and restocking fee (if applicable) and a credit will be applied to your credit card or bank account. Please allow 7-10 business days for the funds to reflect on your credit card, or 2-3 business days for the funds to reflect on your bank account should we pay you via EFT.
If you have any questions regarding this process, please contact Help@TheDigitalFactory.co.za